Tuesday, May 5, 2009

My Set of Wheels

This is my set of wheels: 1994 Lexus ES300. I just reached 176,000 miles. This car STILL drives well. It's quiet, drives smooth, etc. I'm more concerned about the age of the car (e.g. rusted parts, broken gaskets, etc) than the miles. I love this car.

I like to tell people it doesn't seem like a car from 1994 and everyone seems to agree. Maybe they are just being polite (but doubt it)?

I inherited this car from my parents back in 2003. Back in 2003, I set a car goal for myself - drive this car into 2010. I'm not too far away. If I make it that far, my car will be celebrating it's Sweet 16th birthday! This may be a premature but that definitely calls for a DQ cake.

1 comment:

Chuck said...

wow thats pretty awesome! I hope my car makes it to 10yrs (1yr to go). Its already moaning and groaning from the aches and pains due to its age. I don't foresee 16yrs for sure. Once you hit 16 you gotta baby it to 20 and then retire it!