At the train station (Shinjuku --> Harajuku), I stopped and took a picture of the Haagen-Dazs...780 yen (~$8.20) for roughly a pint size. When traveling, I like to see how much Haagen-Dazs is as a benchmark for cost of living...

***
We spent most of the day in Harajuku, a young-hip area. We went on a Sunday and according the guide books, this is the day the young-hip folks crowd the streets. It didn't appear people were buying anything (clothes, trinkets, etc) except food.
We stopped at a flea market in Harajuku.
We bought an open fan which shows an ancient method of Japanese fishing.
On our way to the busy streets and ran into young punks!
Takeshita Dori, a VERY busy street. Yes, the street was busy but you didn't get jostled while walking down the street.

Where's Rob?
Where's Rob?
Interesting outfits.
Julie asked this girl if she could take a picture of her. She said "yes" and this is how she posed.
Lots of people ate crepes so we followed the crowd. I ordered a mixed berry crepe and remembered how much I love crepes!
We then went to the Tokyo Metropolitan Center, on the 45th floor, for a view of Tokyo. This is a government building. Buildings went on forever!***
We ate at a delicious Indian restaurant for dinner...it was a hole-in-the-wall type restaurant. I wanted to order my favorite Indian dish, Bhindi Masala, but he didn't understand me. Getting our food took a while because there was only one cook. He made each dish one-by-one. To make the curries, he grabbed spices from several jars so the curry powder was not a pre-mix. It was good. :)After dinner, we went back to the Tokyo Metropolitan Center for a view of Tokyo at night. The building lights seemed to go on forever.







No comments:
Post a Comment