Last week, Dave and I came up with a similar but different goal. It's kind of neat because we both independently thought of the goal day and shared it with each other at night (Tuesday, April 21st):
Dave and his goal: Read the entire bible before the baby comes (due late August).
Missy and her goal: Read the entire Old Testament before the baby comes (same due date as above...).
Dave may blog about his reasoning for his goal so I won't get into that. But I chose the Old Testament because I never choose to read it. Typically when I read, I read from the New Testament since that's "easier". Also, I've never read the entire Old Testament before. I really want to challenge myself and grow closer to Christ during the time before the baby arrives. It's the same God between Old and New so looking forward to learning about Him.
So if you see us, ask us how we're doing because these are both ambitious goals for us and we need any type of encouragement!
1 comment:
The Old Testament is good stuff. I've been reading through the Samuels, Kings, and Chronicles during my daily quiet times of late and we're doing Joshua in small group.
If the Bible is the book we build our lives on, then it's important to have read through it all at some point, else we might be missing out on something important.
Good luck! I'll pray for your successes.
Post a Comment