First off, please listen to this song while reading the rest of the blog entry, it will only help in understanding where I was at.
I've always wanted to be a good left handed batter. Problem is that I'm right handed and my grandpa never pushed me to bat left handed like Joe Mauer's grandpa.
The other team wasn't as bad as initially thought so felt the pressure of hitting right handed for the rest of the game. Well, dreams can come true but too bad I struck out looking. Maybe Elijah can live out my dream!
FYI - I'm a classy enough Co-Ed D League softball player to not switch to batting left handed in the middle of a game when we're up a lot of runs...that's why I've never batted left handed before.
Joe Mauer and his patented QuickSwing
I've never had the guts to hit left handed in a game...until June 1, 2012. Our softball team played the worst team in the league so I thought it would be a good time to hit left handed in a game.
1st pitch: Pitch...swing...lazy foul ball
2nd pitch: Pitch...strike...struck out lookingThe other team wasn't as bad as initially thought so felt the pressure of hitting right handed for the rest of the game. Well, dreams can come true but too bad I struck out looking. Maybe Elijah can live out my dream!
FYI - I'm a classy enough Co-Ed D League softball player to not switch to batting left handed in the middle of a game when we're up a lot of runs...that's why I've never batted left handed before.

No comments:
Post a Comment