Monday, August 6, 2012

Olympic Fever

We've really enjoyed watching the Olympics.  There's something about the international competition that gets you excited about sports that you never really cared for.  It's fun to cheer on the athletes and think about what could-have-been.  What if I stayed in swimming lessons?  What if I took badminton more seriously?

Tonight we decided to take a shot at a 100m dash.  This was Dave's great idea and he really wanted me to run this with him.  The distance looks short on TV but man, is it long!  Usain Bolt ran it in 9.63 seconds.  What can Dad, Mom and Elijah run it in?
100m: Person to Stroller.  Our terrain: Gravel.
Dave and I ran the race twice and it was really hard (we are out of shape...).  I thought the distance was like running from one end of a cul-de-sac to the other end but it's so much longer.  Dave's times were 15.26 secs & 15.15 secs.  Mine were 18.10 secs & 17.75 secs...haha.  When I "ran" it the first time, I actually stopped 1/4 of the way because I was tired and saw the finish line was so far away.  I didn't want Elijah to think I was a quitter so went back to the starting blocks and ran the race twice.  It turns out, he really didn't care.
Our spectator - not impressed with the times.  He didn't get to participate in the run because his parents are too out of shape and too tired to push him.  Sorry, buddy!  Maybe next time.*
* Not going to happen.

(Elijah, 11 months)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget you had a world-class coach working with you.