For the most part, Elijah is a good eater but he definitely has some goofy habits.
So what's the new annoying habit I'm talking about? With food already in his mouth, he eats what he wants and then spits out the food he doesn't want. I've tolerated this habit for a while but it's starting to bother me a bit now since I know he can chew well and it leaves a mess. A lot of times he eats normal but if he's in a certain mood, he'll only eat what he wants.
Here are some examples:
It's the green beans that got to us tonight. You can hear the kid sucking out the pea like he's drinking through a straw. Are you kidding me?
This eating habit reminded me of sunflower seeds which reminded me of this picture of my mom and grandma eating "Gwa-Tse" - no idea how to phonetically spell it but it's like a Chinese sunflower seed but way better. I think it's funny that my mom and grandma continue to eat through picture taking time.
(Elijah, 12 months)
So what's the new annoying habit I'm talking about? With food already in his mouth, he eats what he wants and then spits out the food he doesn't want. I've tolerated this habit for a while but it's starting to bother me a bit now since I know he can chew well and it leaves a mess. A lot of times he eats normal but if he's in a certain mood, he'll only eat what he wants.
Here are some examples:
- Watermelon: Sucks out the juice and then spits the remainder out.
- Chicken: If there's any chicken piece "too big" (this is in quotes because the chicken is shredded very finely and he has no problem eating it), he'll eat the vegetables around it and then spit out the chicken.
- Grapes: Eats the inner part of the grape and then spits out the skin.
- Green beans: Sucks out the peas and then spits out the outer skin.
It's the green beans that got to us tonight. You can hear the kid sucking out the pea like he's drinking through a straw. Are you kidding me?
This eating habit reminded me of sunflower seeds which reminded me of this picture of my mom and grandma eating "Gwa-Tse" - no idea how to phonetically spell it but it's like a Chinese sunflower seed but way better. I think it's funny that my mom and grandma continue to eat through picture taking time.
(Elijah, 12 months)

No comments:
Post a Comment