A while ago (this is soooo one month ago but just getting to blog about it), Dave and I were talking about homonyms. Then I started saying Elijah has a lot of homonyms and then Dave corrected me, "Ummm...those aren't homonymns, he's just mispronouncing them." Here are some examples (his pronunciation has since improved since my initial intention of this post).
Actual word: fork
Elijah pronunciation: dork
Actual word: Nathaniel
Elijah pronunciation: Daniel
Actual word: flamingo
Elijah pronunciation: damingo
Actual word: funny
Elijah pronunciation: dunny
Actual words: I love you
Elijah pronunciation: I you (notice he's missing an important word)
Actual word: banana
Elijah pronunciation: bee-na
Actual word: snowplow
Elijah pronunciation: football
And now pictures from earlier this month:
Actual word: fork
Elijah pronunciation: dork
Actual word: Nathaniel
Elijah pronunciation: Daniel
Actual word: flamingo
Elijah pronunciation: damingo
Actual word: funny
Elijah pronunciation: dunny
Actual words: I love you
Elijah pronunciation: I you (notice he's missing an important word)
Actual word: banana
Elijah pronunciation: bee-na
Actual word: snowplow
Elijah pronunciation: football
***
And now pictures from earlier this month:
We were going to take pictures of the boys so I changed Nathaniel into this outfit. When Dave saw it, we couldn't stop laughing.
Nathaniel is supposed to have a shirt underneath. I didn't realize there were not any buttons until after I put it on.
The boys love each other.
Elijah getting ready for a "big smile".
Watching mommy dance and sing.
Elijah still enjoys his chair.
I took two cars to put in the parking lot and then Elijah may have went a little overboard with the parking lot concept.
"Feet taste great." - Nathaniel
This picture reminds me of the picture on the bottom of this post.
Story of Nathaniel's life?
(Elijah, 2.3 years; Nathaniel, 4 months)
No comments:
Post a Comment