Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Almost Olympic Time

It's almost time for everyone to sit down and be engrossed in two weeks of Olympic excellence. Did you know that there is an opportunity to watch the games for 23.5 hours a day? Supposedly NBC is providing ~1400 hours of coverage during the 2 week event (TV only, it's about double that online). That is just crazy.

I (Dave) am a big fan of the track events. It's so cool watching these athletes running the same events I did in high school. The best part is they are completing them way faster than anyone I know. I really don't have a second favorite summer games sport. Swimming doesn't really do it for me or gymnastics...any other favorite sports in the Olympics?

2 comments:

Stephanie Luk said...

Synchrnonized swimming. A bunch of ladies with waterproof makeup on is hot.

Anonymous said...

I was so sad to see the Chinese hurdler injured! The Chinese were counting on him! Poor guy! Did you see Bryan Clay though? WOW. Amazing.