Tuesday, August 5, 2008

If I were Gardy...

Last night the Twins lost to the Mariners - the worst team in the AL. They were up 6-0 in the 6th inning and blew the lead. This is what I, Missy, feel are keys to the Twins success for the home stretch:

- Play Denard Span in the OF every game. Make Cuddyer, Gomez and Young play for the 2nd and 3rd spot in the OF. Span looks like a natural in the OF and I trust him when a ball is hit to him.
- Move Brendan Harris to the 2nd spot in the batting order. Harris is hitting a lot better than before and Punto hitting in the 2nd spot isn't exciting.
- Tell Gomez not to bunt as much because everyone knows he's going to do it.
- Designate Brian Bass for assignment...
- Need a consistent bullpen. Bring someone up from the minors to be the 8th inning pitcher...anyone...

MVPs Awards: Joe Mauer, Justin Morneau, Denard Span, Joe Nathan, Nick Blackburn and Scott Baker.

No comments: