Monday, February 9, 2009

Happy February 9th!

You may ask, why is today so special? I have a great answer for that. Today is the seven year anniversary of Missy and I's first official date.

Seven years ago we were at the Depot skating rink downtown. We slowly skated around the oval trying not to fall down (I don't think either of us had skated for years). After a while we took a break and that slightly difficult "define the relationship" conversation began. I for one am sure glad that we ended up having that talk and that we began our life together, albeit our dating life. I can remember after the conversation we got back out on the ice and took another couple laps around. I don't remember my skates touching the ice I was so excited.

As I look back at the last seven years, they have flown by (it's mind boggling to think that seven years, at this point, is a quarter of my life). Even in their fleetingness I wouldn't have wanted to change a moment with my wife.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on 7 years and 1 day of happiness together :)