I like to watch sports but don't know all of the rules and strategies (excluding baseball). I probably know more than the average female but I like to learn as much as I can in sports. I use Dave as a sports encyclopedia and ask him TONS of questions.When we started dating, we watched football on Sunday's together. It would be questions like, "What does that [penalty] mean?", "Why is [insert athlete] good?" - apparently for every good athlete, "What is that person's job [linesmen]?", "How much does that person make?", "How far can you throw a football?" (and be shocked how much farther a NFL quarterback throws it). As Dave puts it, "The questions were constant." Through the years though, the quantity of questions are definitely down. I don't know if it's because I know more or just stopped asking questions...
While we were watching the Olympics speed skating tonight, I asked Dave, "What are the pushing rules?" and his reply was, "Do you think I know about SHORT TRACK SPEED SKATING?!!?". This question reminded me of good ol' times of question asking. It may start up again.
1 comment:
I can relate miss. Despite what Dave says I think boys secretly like it when girls ask them questions like that. It makes me feel good that Alicia would even think of asking me a question about speed skating :)
So, I'm thinking I'd like to start my own blog. But I'm having trouble picking a name. It feels like so much pressure.
Maybe I need to pick your brain sometime about your blog creation, since you're the most expert person I know.
Hope you have a great day. Sorry for the long message.
Post a Comment