Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Bathroom Remodel

Dave's been busy.  He's been working on remodeling the bathroom downstairs.  This bathroom was just plain ugly and outdated.  The walls were florescent green and I never wanted to paint over it because I thought it would be a waste of time since I knew we would remodel it someday.  For the last few weeks, Dave works on it after Elijah goes to bed every night.

It's been a long process because we don't like working on it while Elijah is awake.  Dave is getting there though, his goal is to have it done by Elijah's 1st birthday - at least functioning.  We haven't been good about taking pictures throughout the process but here's a timeline so far.

When we moved in (2006):
Demo (January 2012):
 Down to the studs (February 2012):
Shower and Vanity Plumbing (March 2012):
I think?  No pictures.

Framing out shower...previously there was a shower insert (April 2012):

Poured cement (April/May 2012):
I think?  No pictures.

Making the shower waterproof (May 2012):
 Installing heated flooring (June 2012):
Installing sheetrook, mudding and taping (July 2012):
I'm sure I missed a lot of steps because Dave's been doing it but more pictures to come, it's coming together!

No comments: