Monday, March 2, 2009

Goodbye, Nike Air Shoes!

I've owned these pair of shoes since 8th grade. My parents bought these running shoes for me because they thought I would be a track super star. Up to a couple of years ago, I these were my favorite athletic shoes - used them for running, walking, tennis, softball, etc. 13 years later, sadly, I will need to dispose them...

Look! The tread is completely gone in these shoes.

The lack of heal support is the main reason I need to get rid of the shoes. The plastic part in the heel caused me to bleed...but I kept trucking for a while.
Yes, that's my finger.

I remember my parents spent $90 at the time (1996). I think the shoes got a good amount of use in. If you do the math, that's $6.92/year for the shoes or $3.46/shoe/year. I think they were well worth it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Missi,
We believe in you - you can be a track super star if that is what you want to be.
I know you were offered to be trained by an international renowned track coach. Remember your first training session? Just in case you had forgotten,it was running up your parents' hilly driveway.
By the way, the $90 shoes was an excellent investment.