Wednesday, November 9, 2011

A Great Purchase from 10+ Years Ago

My TI-89 calculator was such a great investment made junior or senior year in high school. I'm still using it today. It was a fairly expensive calculator when purchased, probably around $180 - $200 but well worth it. In the past, I used the calculator for derivatives, integrals, graphs, etc. It helped me pass Calc I and II AP tests in high school which saved on eight credits in college. Today, I used it for addition and subtraction. A free frozen snickers to anyone that can guess what I used it for.

Mom and Dad, a pretty good ROI on the $180!

5 comments:

Stephanie Luk said...

You used your TI-89 to calculate Eli's percentage weight gain from birth.

Rick said...

Eli's input and output

Amy B said...

Remember when it got ruined from your laundry detergent and Target paid to replace it? That was pretty awesome. Mine finally broke a couple years ago but then I got a TI-89 Titanium from my school. That's right, I'm movin' on up!
I bet you used it to figure out where to hang something.

The Benson's said...

Amy - Ha, you remembered! I was actually going to make a comment on that but decided it could get confusing. It was Tide actually, not Target. I bought Tide at Target and put in my trunk but the cap leaked and ruined my TI-89!

Stephanie Luk said...

What did you use the calc for?