Sunday, November 13, 2011

"My Name is ___ and I'm a Tiger Mom."


After a nap, I counted six scratches on E-man's face so I scolded my son for scratching himself.

Me: E-man, stop scratching your face...it makes you ugly!
Dave: Stop being such a tiger mom!

This is in reference to the popular article about Asian mothers or the book, "Battle Hymn of of the Tiger Mother". Only time will tell if I'm a Tiger Mom. But what else do I know?!!?

(Of course I was kidding when I scolded E-man and know it's our fault for not clipping his nails more often.)

Funny related story: My friend has a book club (which I'm not a part of) and the last book they read was the Tiger Mom book and she asked me to be a 'guest speaker' at the book discussion. I declined the invitation...because I was busy giving my son piano lessons.

(Elijah, 11 weeks)

1 comment:

Amy B said...

Haha! I'm reading this book right now and I immediately thought of a past post of yours where your grandma told you all your baby weight should be gone (four weeks after giving birth) Hilarious!