Saturday, October 6, 2012

Dave & Elijah's Travels

I knew Dave would be a great dad.  He continues to blow me away with how great of a dad he actually is.  Elijah is lucky dude.  One of my favorite things is to watch the two of them interact with each other.

We have a globe downstairs and Elijah likes to play with it.  We also have a red kid's car (cozy coupe) that is still downstairs, it hasn't made it outside yet.  Dave and Elijah spin the globe and wherever they point to, they travel together in the cozy coupe.  Dave pushes Elijah around in the car, talks the whole time about the flight and country.  He talks about the conditions of the flight, what they eat on the plane and the country's culture, food, weather, history, etc.  They've gone on three trips so far: MSP to Svalbard, MSP to Brazil and MSP to Russia.  Elijah loves this, he honks the horn and "talks" in excitement.
 Dave putting together his enormous telescope.  If you don't know what a red cozy coupe is, it's in the lower right corner. (I was too lazy to try to find a picture of Elijah in one.)

These travel adventures are so much fun to observe.  Lots of smiles from everyone.  I'm also amazed with how smart my husband is, he knows so much random stuff.  Dave won't let me take a video of these traveling adventures so I can't share this cuteness with the world.

FYI - Dave and Elijah have a really good travel agent, they had a non-stop from MSP to Moscow.  For the remaining flights, they have manageable layovers at other airports...like within seconds.

Okay, unrelated pictures of international travels:
 Elijah likes egg rolls.  Smile!!
I let him go to town with toilet paper.  He was one excited guy.
Just for fun, I put Elijah in his carrier.  He surprisingly didn't care too much but notice he's concentrating and putting the camera strap in his mouth.

(Elijah, 12 and 13 months)

No comments: